Definitions and interpretation
|Data||all the information that you submit to Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support via the Website (see Data collected below);|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support, or us||Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support firstname.lastname@example.org;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||anybody who uses this Website and is not employed by, or a consultant for, Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support acting in the course of their employment;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, breastfeeding.support, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
What information do we collect about you?
- We collect contact information from you when you subscribe to receive a newsletter or to join the directory so that we can provide the services you require. Website usage information is collected by Google Analytics using cookies (see below).
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Name (directory subscribers only)
- Gender (directory subscribers only)
- Job Title (directory subscribers only)
- Profession/IBCLC (directory subscribers only)
- Email addresses (when subscribing to the newsletter or the directory)
- Telephone numbers (directory subscribers only)
- Map location marker (directory subscribers only)
- IP address (anonymised)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Who is collecting this information?
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018) Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support is the “data controller”.
- Breastfeeding Support will retain your email addresses for the newsletter and the information submitted to our directory (where applicable) indefinitely until you unsubscribe or until Breastfeeding Support ceases to offer these services. For information on expiry of cookies see our Cookies Page.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- For more details on security see Third party websites and services and Security below.
Why is this information being collected?
- We collect the Data above to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our services;
- to send you a newsletter by email;
- to enable your directory entry;
Third party websites and services
- Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website:
- Google Analytics tracks website traffic for example to provide information on the popularity of different articles on Breastfeeding Support. Data retention is set at 26 months. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google Adsense is used for providing adverts on our site. The ad technology providers for Google Adsense are listed at Ad Technology Providers in accordance with their EU User Consent Policy. You may control the information you share by reading How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services and see our Cookies Page.
- Cookies see our Cookies Page and see “Cookies” below.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter or be removed from the directory at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support (where such Data is held e.g. directory users) free of charge. Directory users are able to access their own Data to make amendments and can opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data security is of great importance to Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- When visiting this Website, you will be presented with a message bar informing you that Cookies are set on this website. By continuing to use this Website, you are giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, and are enabling Philippa Pearson-Glaze trading as Breastfeeding Support to provide a better experience and service to you.
- You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies by changing your internet browser settings; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended. Websites such as https://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org have more information about cookies including how to remove cookies from your browser, or see the help menu in your internet browser.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to areas of our website for example for the directory.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- For information on expiry of cookies see our Cookies Page.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
How to contact us
These terms and conditions were originally created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk) and adapted in consideration of EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) requirements.